1) Soak the rice for 2 to 3 hours. Drain the water. Pat dry with muslin cloth. Grind to a powder.
2) Boil the water. Add the rice powder and whisk to a semi soft smooth dough. Mix in the finely diced bell pepper, crushed black pepper and salt. Cover with a wet cloth.
1) Soak the chana dal in water for 3 to 4 hours to attain a soft texture. Drain well. Blend in a food processor to a coarse texture without adding any water.
2) Add royal cumin, chopped garlic, ginger, turmeric powder, red chili powder, chopped green chili, garam masala mix, salt, chopped green coriander and the crushed nuts to the coarsely ground lentils. Add the oil to the lentil mixture, mix well and set aside.
3) Make equal size balls for stuffing.
1) Make equal size rice balls, flatten on the palm, stuff them with the dal mix. Shape them to an oblong shape.
2) Boil the water with salt on low heat and place the shaped rice oblongs in the water. Let them cook on a medium heat.
3) When they start to float, take them out and allow them to cool.
4) Cut them diagonally and arrange on a garnished platter.
5) Serve with green walnut chutney.
1) Place cumin seeds, peeled garlic, raw mango, green chillies, coriander and mint leaves in a blender and grind to a fine paste.
2) Add walnuts & grind again. Adjust seasoning and garnish with crushed walnuts.
Like it? Share it!