For the covering:
1) Make a thin syrup (103ºC), and allow to cool a little.
2) Mix the egg yolks and the syrup and return to the heat.
3) Whisk the mixture while on the heat until you have a thick cream.
4) Mix this together with the almonds (best done with your hands) and allow it to rest in the fridge overnight.
5) Make the cakes by forming small balls in your hands.
6) Press a date into the middle each one.
7) Beat the rest of the egg yolks with a little water, mix this with the pine nuts and use the mixture to coat the cakes, pressing with your hands to make sure that it sticks.
8) Bake them in the oven for 5 minutes or until they brown at 200 – 250ºC.
9) When you remove them, tap them with a spoon or your hand to make a crack in the top.
Like it? Share it!